fbpx

Shop

ID: 13508
138

Steel arms completed with the elbow cops with rondels. Made of cold rolled steel with thickness 1.5 mm. May be crafted of 1.0mm and 1.5mm tempered (hardened) steel. This armor has good movement properties which provides you excellent mobility. Steel arms with rondel wings are equipped with leather straps with steel buckles. Armor is painted

ID: 13502
131

This complect of full hand protection is made of 1,5 mm thick cold rolled steel. It provides protection of hand from wrist to shoulder. With the help of leather belts and steel buckles it is very comfortable to wear with other parts of armour. It can protect you from impacts of different kinds of weapons,

ID: 13505
190

Many parts of the Italian style arm harness of the end of XIV c. – beginning of the XV century was found in Chalkis bury in Greece. The similar design elements of plate arms are represented in Chartres, France. Another pair is preserved in the well known Churburg castle in the South Tyrol region. All

ID: 13506
930

Late XV century full plate arm protection. It consists of: pauldrons, rerebraces, elbow cops and vambraces. In the first quarter of XV century Milanese armorers invented very simple way to connect all parts of arm protection by the help of leather straps or sliding rivets. This invention made arm fully covered with no gap between

ID: 12206
396

The ruin of the fortress of Chalcis (Greek “Χαλκίδα”) is located on the Greek island of Euboea. In 1157 it was pillaged by Normans. Beginning in 1209 the fortress became a Venetian colony, renamed Negroponte, and was one of the easternmost military outposts of the Venetian Empire. In 1470, after a couple of years of hard

ID: 12106
320

Medieval breastplate armor with a decorative V-shaped rib Churburg Castle offers a lot of excellent examples of the finest medieval armor. It was founded in 1253-1259 by Henry de Montfort, who was a bishop of Chur. The name of the castle comes from the name of rank of this medieval noble. The castle is located

ID: 12102
234

A brigandine was typically made of small plates of steel. However, this proved to be a problem as small plates were less able to take a heavy impact than larger ones. Accordingly, the plates were enlarged over time and were made to be a better anatomical fit. A characteristic feature of big-plate brigandines was a

ID: 12105
254

Beginning in approximately 1360 lentner armor (a type of armor constructed mainly with leather and a precursor to the brigandine) began to be reinforced by steel plates. This basic armor consisted of steel plates which were riveted or sewn to the base material. Over time, the plates that protect the chest and back became bigger.

ID: 12103
259

The brigandine was naturally developed from early coats of plate, a reinforced surcoat from the XIII century. One of the rare examples of this early armor type can be seen on the statue of St. Maurice in Magdeburg Cathedral (1240). St. Maurice is depicted dressed in chainmail and a surcoat. There are two rows of

ID: 12104
279

The word “brigandine” first appeared in Italy in the second part of the XIV century. For example, in the archive of Francesco Datini from Prato, there’s a description from the year 1367 with notes about a “Corazzine Brigandine”. In Medieval England, the word “brigandine” was used for the first time in 1397 in a description

ID: 14208
212

Brigandine cuisses additionally reinforced with steel plates. Articulated knees are joint with cuisses by rivets, it’s one piece – no holes, no leather laces. Brigandine cuissards have leather points on the top and are equipped with leather straps and steel buckles. Thigh is well protected from all sides. Brigandine armor is very adjustable because of

ID: 14402
112

Leather or fabric wear with riveted and sewed metal plates was popular armor defense among warriors of XIV century. Brigandine type armor went in front of plate armor or so called “white armour”. Reinforced by small steel plates brigandine elements were accessible to medieval knights of Western Europe. Our Brigandine greaves consist of vertical plates.